Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A spookin time

     On Monday Nicole and I tended to the pool area and passed out candy at the Village's Halloween party. The pool was uneventful because all we did is pass out towels at the entrance and they had to close the pool down shortly after we arrived because of a storm and did not open it back up during our shift, we did a lot of reading yesterday. I posted some pictures of the pool area, they have an awesome play area!

     After the pool we attended the Halloween celebration. Every week the village celebrates Christmas on Thursday and Halloween on Monday. Why? I really don't know, but the families have fun and that is all that matters. I had a blast during Halloween, they had different activity tables set up down their main street with candy stations between each activity table, Nicole and I both manned a candy station. Some kids were so excited they would come running up to you, scream "trick-or-treat" & "thank you," then run to the next station. I loved complimenting the kids on their different outfits, dress ups (for girls wearing their princess costume), or Halloween accessories. They loved it when you not only acknowledged something special about them but also mentioned that you thought it was pretty or cool. Unfortunately I couldn't take pictures of anything that was really going on because families can't be in pictures but I did get a picture of Nicole struggling with her cauldron of candy .





No comments:

Post a Comment