Sunday, August 19, 2012

ALL ABOARD!!


Hello again everyone!

I don't have a whole lot to say today, yesterday Nicole and I spent more time in Amberville, which is the activity center. I of coursed loved it again it was a little bit more busy this second time because the weather was a little bit better. Two days ago a really bad storm passed over while we were volunteering in Amberville and a lot of the families stayed in their villas during the storm. Yesterday was cloudy and just a little rain so more people were in and out keeping us busy! Here are some pictures I have of the outside of Amberville, which I cannot get over how awesome this place is designed and decorated.







After Amberville we helped out at the Village's Big Splash Bash, unfortunately because of the rain we had to move the party from the pool to the theater, but we had a blast anyways. The party had games, prizes, giveaways, music, dancing, sand art, a visit from the Village's Mayor (and mascot), a bunny named Mayor Clayton and his wife, and of course a talking fish. Nicole and I worked the sand art and participated in a lot of dancing. The kids were of course adorable and everybody shared in a lot of smiles and laughter. The night ended with a movie in the theater. I loved the theater as well, it is a small round building that is designed just like a movie theater, although this one had only one screening room and was decorated with a zoo theme. They even had a concession stand that offered pop, popcorn, and icees (or is it icces? I'm not sure). Below are some pictures of the theater and our party and the story of how the theater came to be at the village. You will also notice that it is either Nicole, myself, or nobody in the photos. This is because I am not allowed to take any photos of the children or families. So it may not look like a rockin party but it definitely was!







1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I cannot thank you enough for sharing your week with us. As usual, you have touched my heart with your words and actions. You are one very special person. Thank you for your wonderful example of love.

    ReplyDelete